Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Today I Welcome Author Teena Stewart

Good morning Teena and welcome to my blog. Thank you for taking the time to interview with me this morning. Please tell us a little about yourself.


I am an author, ministry leader, and artist with hundreds of published articles to my credit in the secular and Christian realm as well as numerous books. My current focus is on helping others find value and beauty in themselves and others despite brokenness and transforming them into authentic, mature Christ followers.

When I'm not writing, I am creating artwork and jewelry treasures (often from discarded and found objects) or leading ministry for Java Journey--an innovative coffee shop ministry in Hickory, NC--whose mission is similar to my own, to provide hope and restoration to the hurting and broken by sharing Christ's story, showing His love and by empowering the restored to serve others.


God is certainly using you in wondrous ways. May He continue to bless your life.

What are some of your favorite genres to read and to write?

Historical mystery romances, romantic suspense and the classics.

What do you do when you are not writing? Do you pick up some from you to be read pile?

I usually have two or more books I am reading at a time and a pile more by my reading chair and now that I have kindle, a bunch on there to be read as well.

Compared to when you first started writing, have you notice any big changes in your writing style or how you write compared from then to now?

I don’t know about my style but I will say I think I have improved considerably and hope to continue to improve.

What do you look for in a book when you sit down to read for fun?

I usually want pure escape so fiction is my preference but it needs to be a little but more than just romance because I want a challenge. I think that’s which I like romantic suspense.

 What has been your favorite part of being an author? What has been your least favorite?

I think knowing that someone has benefitted from my book and it has either helped them grow or change or both. Least favorite, marketing. It’s a necessary evil but I’d rather be writing.

What do you listen to when you write? Do you find one type of music over another that inspires you to write? Why?

I usually can’t concentrate when I have music on so usually I write without music.

What 7 words would you use to describe yourself.

Hard working, disciplined, artistic, sensitive, entrepreneur, confident, insecure
Which is your favorite character in your book and why?
The book I am working on now is a romantic suspense. My favorite character is the male romantic lead who is a well known thriller writer. I like him enough to marry him but, oops, I'm already married.


Is there anything else that you would like to share or say to those who will read this interview?

I think a lot of people glamorize writing, but when you get down to it it’s 99% perspiration and discipline.
 


The Treasure Seeker by Teena Stewart
ISBN: 978-1414120185
Publisher: WinePress Publishing
Softcover (195 pages)

Purchase the book here:
Amazon

Book blurb:

Many women, even the most outwardly self-assured ones, wrestle with feelings of inadequacy and worthlessness. Though we want to believe we have value, messages bombard us daily, telling us if we don't look a certain way, dress a certain way, drive a certain car, weigh a certain weight, or work in a certain type of career, we are worth very little.

The Treasure Seeker, Jesus, our loving Father's only Son, has a different opinion. He knows your true value and will stop at nothing to recover you, His cherished one. He deeply longs for you to come into a close, loving relationship with Him so that you can not only feel cherished but also cherish Him, the greatest treasure of all.

Through practical truth The Treasure Seeker, will draw you closer to the Seeker and Master Jeweler who: lovingly shapes, refines, polishes, and even incorporates our flaws, to transform us into jewels of stunning beauty.

Through Him you can find your remarkable true worth and become the dazzling gemstone you were created to be.


Contact the Author: Website | Blog | Ministry | Facebook | Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Good interview with Teena. I think the last of the seven words Teena used to describe herself is interesting. It's wonderful to see real honesty in an interview.

    ReplyDelete