Saturday, March 9, 2013

This Evening I Welcome Author Veronica Moreau

Hello Veronica and welcome to my blog. Thank you for interviewing with me this evening. Please tell us all a little about yourself.

As Lisa V. Proulx, my real name, I write horror and inspirational books and as Veronica Moreau, I write steamy, erotic romance with a rock and roll edge.

I live in Maryland on my 10 acre farm in a haunted pre-Civil War farmhouse. I have raised Rottweilers for over 14 years and am a belly dancer.


Interesting and unique day job Lisa. I don't imagine that I've met many belly dancers
.

Please tell me about your novel. Who or what was your inspiration behind it?

It’s called LICK AND A PROMISE~Diary of a Rock Star Groupie and it was inspired by an actual event that happened to me with a famous rock star when I was 17.

I love rock stars!!!



Did you get to quit your day job and become an author or do you still have a day job and writing is something you do for fun? If you still have a day job, what is it?

I have been a feature writer and columnist for my local newspaper for about 13 years however, this is the year that I plan to become a full time writer (writing books) .

Besides writing and reading, what is your most favorite thing to do?


I am a total homebody and find my greatest joy in spending time with my family and my dogs. I love to garden, mow grass and doing anything where I can be outside. I am also a belly dancer!


What genre are you most looking forward to exploring during your writing career? Why?


As Lisa V. Proulx (my real name), I write horror and inspirational books and under my pen name, Veronica Moreau, I write steamy, erotic romance with a rock and roll edge.

I still have books inside of me that are scary and inspirational but I am looking forward to writing the steamy stuff right now
.

Who was your current novel dedicated to? Any particular reason?

I dedicated the book to my friend Peggy.

I met Peggy when I was in 7th grade and she was in 8th. She lived across the street from me and every way that I described her in the book is true. She got me out of my dorky shell, gave me confidence, and helped me so much.

After high school, our lives went into totally different directions and we lost touch after being friends for so many years. About two years ago, I found her again on FaceBook and we reconnected. We had plans to get together that summer when her sister emailed me that she had died from an accidental lethal combination of prescription and over the counter cold medication that wreaked havoc on her already weakened heart, from a hole in the heart to many years of drug abuse and finally sobriety. It broke my heart and I felt compelled to dedicate the book to her. She changed my life and I was happy to have had the chance to tell her that before she passed away.



What are you currently reading?

A couple of things… “The Power” by Rhonda Byrne and some books about antiques
Who are your favorite authors?


I love Jeanne Kaligridis and Elizabeth Gilbert

What 7 words would you use to describe yourself?

Goofy, loyal, eccentric, passionate, talented, dedicated, 70’s chick


On a typical weekend, what can we find you doing? Who are you with?

If Steve’s youngest daughter Taylor is with us, we are involved in something. If Steve is gone for the weekend, I enjoy my solitude and can be found in my office, writing. If it is just us two, we are usually working around the house, in the yard or getting a bite to eat.
What is your favorite junk food vice? 


Ah…I would eat a rock with Peanut Butter and Chocolate on it! Reese Cups ROCK!

My favorite food of all time is…fried potatoes with salt and pepper! Yum!







Contact the Author:  Website | Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment