Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Please Welcome Andrea Gardiner

Please tell me about your book. Who or what was your inspiration behind it?
My book is based on the true story of me travelling to
Ecuador from the UK to work as a doctor. It recounts my
adventures, the challenges of a new culture and the
obstacles to be overcome. I tell the inspirational
stories of the people I met there and include a little
romance.
What are some of your favorite genres to read and to
write?

I love to read biographies and Christian fiction,
detective fiction and historical fiction. I have written
memoir and children´s books.
When you sit down to write, do you do it the old-fashioned way with pen and paper or do you use a computer? Do you  prefer one way or the other?
I make my notes using a notebook and pen, then tear out
the pages and rearrange my thoughts until they make some kind of sense. I then write the book on the computer.
What do you do when you are not writing? Do you pick up some from you to be read pile?
Yes I love to read. I always have a book on the go. I also homeschool my girls, work as a doctor, run a sewing project and a sponsorship scheme for local poor kids to be able to go to school. So I keep busy!
 Did you get to quit your day job and become an author or do you still have a day job and writing is something you do for fun? If you still have a day job, what is it?
I write in my spare time. I am a family doctor in the day. I work for a charity, Project Ecuador, in Ecuador in
a village health centre.
Besides writing and reading, what is your most favorite thing to do?
I love to sew. My Granny was a seamstress and taught me. I love to do colourful embroideries and to sew cute clothes for my little girls.
On a typical weekend, what can we find you doing? Who are you with?
On a typical weekend I am with my husband and my little girls. We hang out on our farm, have a swim in the river and enjoy spotting the iguanas and the humming birds.
Who was your current novel dedicated to? Any particular reason?
It is dedicated to my 2 daughters because it is also their story.
Who are your favorite authors?
John Grisham, Francine Rivers, Dee Henderson, Philip Yancey and Maeve Binchey.
What 7 words would you use to describe yourself.
Adventurous, dedicated, hard-working, crazy, faithful,
content, joyful.




Andrea Gardiner was born in Kent and educated at Headcorn Primary School, Underhill Preparatory School, Ashford School for Girls and Edinburgh Medical School. She pursued training as a General Practitioner in Aberdeen and Shetland before heading to Ecuador in 2005. She is founder of the Christian Charity Project Ecuador, a ministry that reaches out through health care,
child sponsorship, building projects and a sewing project. 

Website | Amazon | Amazon UK

No comments:

Post a Comment