Thursday, August 22, 2013

Let's Welcome Author Alan Seel


Hello Alan and welcome to my blog. Please tell us a little about yourself.


I am a Scot and am passionate about the things I write about. My first book was a book about Running which I have been involved in for over 30yrs. I have completed Marathons, Half Marathons, 10k and 5k races. I have a wealth of knowledge about Running and have now completed 6 books about Running. I also write about Christianity, and more specifically about the aspects of the Christian faith which I am pleased to share with others through his writing.

Please tell me about your novel. Who or what was your inspiration behind it?
I have two main niches that provide inspiration for my writing. These are Running and Christianity. I have been involved in both areas for over thirty years and have plenty experience which I love to share. My first book published on Kindle was 'Running a 5k' which is very much a how to do it book. It covers all the basics for starting to run and being able to complete a 5k race in 8 weeks. It has sold consistently well. My other best seller is 'The Presence and Power of the Holy Spirit'. This book takes a look at the work of the Holy Spirit from Old Testament times right through to present day. It too has been a best seller for me.
 
What are some of your favorite genres to read and to write?
As well as the two categories mentioned, I have written books about Photography and Self Help. So basically, Health and Fitness, Christianity and Photography would be my main topics for reading and writing.
What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What was the biggest compliment? Did those change how or what you did in your next novel?
Someone recently said that my books all seem to be about ME. That is not the case although two out of 18 are about things that I have done and I wrote personally about them. That hurt a bit. My biggest compliment I think was when I got to no. 1 in the paid category of some of my books. That made me feel good.
When you sit down to write, do you do it the old-fashioned way with pen and paper or do you use a computer? Do you prefer one way or the other?
I like jotting things down on paper, but must confess that all my work does now get done on the computer. I prefer the computer because you can manipulate text and then publish or print from there

What do you do when you are not writing? Do you pick up some from you to be read pile?
I speak quite a bit at my church so a lot of my time is taken up with preparation for that. I like to be reading something all the time. The maxim 'if you don't read you don't lead' has been to the forefront of my thinking. Being retired - early - from work gives me great opportunity to pursue what I want.
What has been your favorite part of being an author? What has been your least favorite?
When I received my first print book from Create Space. It was kinda cool to see my name on a book cover.
What 7 words would you use to describe yourself.
Quiet, Thoughtful, Pleasant, Happy, Discerning, Generous, Motivated

Is there anything else that you would like to share or say to those who will read this interview?
For anyone who wants to be an author on the Kindle platform - DO IT. I had no idea when I started out what it would be like. Would my book be good enough, would it have enough content, etc. were all questions I asked. I was very happy with how things turned out. My advice to anyone is - You CAN do it....
What are you currently reading?
Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy
 
On a typical weekend, what can we find you doing? Who are you with?
Mostly centred around church activities on a weekend. With family, friends and other church folks.

The Presence and Power of the Holy Spirit by Alan Seel

ASIN: B007PJ1EP4
Kindle (18 pages)

Buy the book here: 
Amazon

Book blurb:

This book seeks to provide you with an understanding of who the Holy Spirit is, what He does and how He operates in the day to day life of the Christian.

Many questions are answered in the book like :
How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit ?
Is the ministry of the Holy Spirit relevant to me today?
What is the baptism of the Holy Spirit?

It also provides you with outlines of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit and The Fruit of the Holy Spirit.

This is a relatively concise book which will enable you to quickly look up relevant subject matter within the context of the Holy Spirit.
It is not meant to be an exhaustive consideration of the subject, but it
explains in simple terms some of the important aspects of the Holy Spirit.


Contact the Author here: Blog
 

No comments:

Post a Comment