Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Today I Welcome Author LaDonna Cook

Hello LaDonna and welcome to my blog. Thank you for taking the time to interview with me today. Please tell us a little about yourself.

I am the author of Expressions of the Mind, Body, & Soul. This is a book of collective poetry that talks about love, relationships, spirituality, and encouragement. I love creating an atmosphere for learning and growth. I started writing to put a voice to issues that I felt needed to be expressed. My motto is “poetry is an outlet for the heart”. So I hope you will read it and enrich your soul. 

Please tell me about your novel. Who or what was your inspiration behind it?
In my first poetry book, it’s about an eclectic view look at love, relationships, and encouragement, and spirituality. The inspiration was God, and giving a voice to people who had things to say and didn’t know how to.

When you sit down to write, do you do it the old fashion way with a pen and paper or do you use a computer? Do you prefer one way or the other?

I like to write the old fashion way, with a pen and pad because that’s how I started. I rarely go anywhere with a pen or pad, but since technology has advance I type on a note pad in my phone, if a poem comes to me and I don’t have a pen or pad.

What has been your favorite part of being an author? What has been your least favorite?

I think because I give a voice to the people. In my book the best part I value is the feedback and the comments from the readers. I love to hear when they say the love the book and it helped to enlighten them in some way. Or simply that know the feeling and have can relate.

Did you get to quit your day job and become an author or do you still have a day job and writing is something you do for fun? If you still have a day job, what is it?


I still work as a Case Manager / Service Coordinator for Goodwill Industries of the Coastal Empire, Inc., a contracted Therapist for a Mental Health Agency as well.

Did you have any teacher in school that encouraged you to write? Did you take their advice?


Yes, Mrs. Howard my 9th grade English teacher, back then I used to let her read my poems and she enjoyed them so she encouraged me to continue to follow my dreams.

Besides writing and reading, what is your most favorite thing to do?

I have always loved to sing, but only for myself.


On a typical weekend, what can we find you doing? Who are you with?


I am with my kids Landon & Lathan, I love spending quality time with them.


What do you listen to when you write? Do you find one type of music over another that inspires you to write? Why?


I listen to R & B, since I love relationships and talking about the in and outs of love. Music helps to let you look into the souls of the artist when they sing, that’s how I love my poetry to come across with passion.

What are some of your favorite genres to read and write?


I love Romance, Erotic, Lyric, Short Story, & Drama. My books and creative expressions is poetry!


What 7 words that would describe yourself?

Compassionate, hardworking, leader, determined, kind, dedicated , motivated

What are you currently reading?

A collaboration of various artists, works and poetry, such Author G.P.A. Greatest Poet Alive , Kottyn the “Soft Spoken Poet” and Author Susan Buchanan, Natarielle Powell and Maxine Byrant.


Expressions of the Mind, Body & Soul by LaDonna Cook
ISBN: 978-1453549667
Publisher: Xlibris, Corp. 
Softcover (118 pages)
Kindle 

Book Blurb:

 The poems that I have chosen are collections of my work. These poems are like love stories from the heart. I would like you to see yourself as you read them. Look inside yourself and see the Love, Desire, Passion, Spirituality, and Triumphant moments. Through writing it has helped me to better express myself and served as and outlet of creative expressions. Enjoy!

Purchase the book:  Amazon | Barnes&Noble

Contact the author:  Website | Facebook | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment